Thread: The Village of Spring

Map The Village of Spring

Hi All

This is a map I finished recently for the March / April lite mapping challenge, it won as well which was pretty great. You can view the work in progress thread here.

The map is styled as a storybook with the map of the village shown on one side in isometric and the other side contains a ballad explaining the story of the villages current situation. The idea is that this village of spring is pretty much the ultimate spring location as far as the locals are concerned and the season is always eagerly anticipated. But several years ago the village's residents angered a powerful fey magic-user who cursed the town with endless winter.

The map is done using all physical materials as outlined below
    - A4, 200gsm watercolour paper
    - Dip pen with black Windsor & newton calligraphy ink
    - Faber castell colouring pencils (a mix of Polychromos and classic colours)

Art prints and other products based on this design can be purchased from my store.

The_Village_of_Spring_lowRes.jpeg
    View my map and asset packs on CartographyAssets or DrivethruRPG. Support my work on Patreon. Take a look at my work on my Website or Instagram.

Map looks nice and the book page layout is a cool touch. Well-deserved compass right there!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Very nice illuminated book style .