Thread: Load a DEM into QGIS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ha! No luck with the Global Land 1-km Base Elevation Project data BUT... I found that GMTED2010 has even better data, at 7.5arcsec instead of 30arcsec. And I had no trouble importing and merging the files using Skalimoi's instructions here.

So, it all seemed to work... but now I can't find the damned output file! Grr.

But thanks, Redrobes. As always, you are a scholar and a gentleman. I tried to rep you, but I'm told that I have repped you too much already...

Guild Member Facebook Connected woodb3kmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by acrosome View Post
    So, it all seemed to work... but now I can't find the damned output file! Grr.
    Unless you specify otherwise, QGIS normally outputs to a temporary scratch file. You can tell it to save the output to a file instead in the Merge options dialog, right above the "GDAL/OGR console call" text box. That text box should also tell you the location of your output file, even if it's a scratch file (those get sent to a folder in your AppData\Local\Temp folder if you're using Windows).
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    The trouble is that publicity is awfully difficult to make into a stew without a great deal of marinating, and I've never managed to pay a water bill with it
    "Your utilities bill for this month is £37"
    "But look, there's a book on Amazon with my name in the credits!"
    "That'll be £37 please."