Hi all,

There was a few months I had to take a break as a result of some technical difficulties and other priorities, but I'm plugging away now. I note that above, the first pass of coastal tracing attachment hasn't worked properly, so I reattach that here for your reference!
Enisti Land.png

The black is good for a base but hard to keep track of as we go, so I'll convert to my preferred colour scheme now for future detailing:
Enisti Raw Topo 100.png

Using Iceland as heavy inspiration for a large volcanic mid-ocean island (as I mentioned above), I began to select where I thought rivers might form across ancient lava flows, and added some sandurs, or effuvial plains. At this level, and with the overhaul to the detailing being so huge, I'm not too worried about most of it, but I do want to make sure I pay particular attention to the river outlet for the main river running through the island: the Tripaxis River. It and the large lakes will be the primary determinate of how the topography is formed, so care needs to be taken in accommodating for them now to avoid headaches later. The first pass of topography, from 100-200 metres, is then placed down:
Enisti Raw Topo 200.png

This process then basically repeats itself for the majority of the topology, with 200-300 metres helping to further refine the lava flows and major features:
Enisti Raw Topo 300.png

I'll avoid giving you each layer as it happens, since they speak for themselves mostly, but a general reminder that this is a first sketch. From here, as you'll see, each will be broken down into smaller sections and hand-drawn in Procreate to get the detailing right. Hopefully I can spend a bit more time on this one, and provide you with the finished topographical sketch before talking more about detailing.