Quote Originally Posted by QED42 View Post
I love all the buildings drawings, so cool.
Thanks so much, Qed ! Drawing the buildings was probably the most interesting part of the map ^^

Quote Originally Posted by KMAlexander View Post
The subtle tone effects (buildings shown at night, the red river, etc.) are stunning. Lovely work.
The client had a very specific color scheme for this map, which needed to be dark, red, mysterious, but still in line with the first map we worked on together.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimension Door View Post
Again a great one! Love the palette! Was it hard to make the map since it is based on old Paris? I can imagine you had to omit some artistic choices because the sake of reality.
Definitely. The first intention was to draw the important buildings in the map itself on perspective, but the map is quite small, and the scale wasn't satisfying at all, as you can see on this early WIP for the Sorbonne :
ParisVampyria_buidingconcept_by_MistyBeee.jpg
So I suggested the miniatures in the border and a smaller map instead of this initial plan, with one unique compromise for the fortified walls. In order to maximise the size for everything (miniatures big enough to allow details, map big enough to identify streets... we had to make lower expectations on the border, which is way simpler than what we originally planned. But at the end, it was a very interesting exercise