Thread: Introducing Kimarnock's Ruhba -- Vandy's first CG Map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I checked your sketch. Since I'm commenting on walls this month, I've got a few suggestions.
    -Let the main castle's walls follow the height contour of the hill.
    -The second layer of wall follows the river quite a bit, but on the wrong side. It would make an excellent moat.
    -The narrow neck of the peninsula of the castle makes a good choke point. Put the wall straight across it on the ridge. This wall can also be used to block the southern river arm
    -Put a redoubt on the eastern hill to deny it to attackers
    -Put the northern wall at the top of the slope on the northern ridge instead of below it.
    -I you pull in the left flank of the northern wall you can make it meet the northern tip of the peninsula. A bastion on each bank could block the river.
    -The islands are very undefended, are there no threat from naval forces?
    -Blocking the northern river arm at mid point on the map while letting the walls on either side follow the slope of the ridges makes a good killing ground. Enemies can be attacked from the wall perpendicular to the river as well as from the high walls on the ridges.
    Made a sketch for reference
    That's my two bits. Hope you can use it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Hoel; 01-08-2009 at 12:46 PM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Don't worry about mistakes, I'm still making many of my own with a style that I've been doing for years. Every map I try to do something different and thus make even more mistakes...but that's how we learn, I guess. Unless we get Hoel to do up our fortifications for us (nice defensive layout there, bro).
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps