Quote Originally Posted by Tiana View Post
Nice one, I like its energy.
Hehehe, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by QED42 View Post
Good start, like the colours you are using here.
I do like me some colours!

Quote Originally Posted by Arimel View Post
This is looking really good. The shadows on the whirlpool must have taken a while to create.
I almost mistook the dark patch of sea on the mid-top right for some giant underwater creature, which I think fits in with your backstory here, even if unintentional!
Hehe, that's such a cool observation! I like the idea also, even if it is unintentional.
And I'm glad you like the map. Though, thinking about it now. It's not really that the whirlpool took a while, mayhaps a day or so, the shadows were probably the easier part, BUT I will say, the shadows on the points of the arms were quite tricky to blend. The hard part about it was getting the highlights right and to blend them to look more natural. Although, I've not done many maelstroms, so with practice it will definitely not be too difficult to pull of in a few hours. It's all about the highlights and the shadows.

Quote Originally Posted by Adfor View Post
Totally digging this, it has such character already. Can't wait to see what you do with it, Omri.

IR
Thrilled that you like it! Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by rdanhenry View Post
Nope, January regular Challenge. Welcome to the challenge. That's a scary big maelstrom you got there. Good to have a map to avoid it.
Ah! Tx for the info, I was just a bit unsure.