Thread: Kronos (reborn) topographic

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Help

Looking closely at what I was getting, I came to the conclusion that most likely there is another continent in the southeast.
    Let's call it Terra Nova.
    Terra Nova has two parts. The southern part of Terra nova broke away from the main continent and headed east. There it collided with northern Terra Nova
    Well, I think I've come close to the point where I can't ignore the rest of the world, because it primarily affects the main continent. In fact, I started to do the inverse construction of the world. Instead of creating supercontent and then splitting it, I started my journey from a small piece of the known world, gradually "discovering" new lands for myself.
    модель тектони&#10.jpg
    It's funny. It all started with the fact that I could not explain how the Middle Sea appeared. By the way about that. I suspect the shape of the current strait is unlikely. Most likely it will be more straight, and not zigzag, as it is now. Then the strait arose as a result of the shift of two microplates, flooding the cavity between them. By a mechanism close to the formation of a bridge between the Black Sea and the Mediterranean Sea
    Another problem area that I do not yet know how to solve is the mountains in the west. Now I am intensively mastering gplaets and maybe I will find a solution. So far, I have a poor idea of ​​the geological development of this region. Perhaps something similar to the Urals and the reactivation of the southern outskirts caused by the invasion of the Kallihar continent.
    Another point, I do not really like the strong visual similarity of the Thanat mountains with the Himalayas. I was inspired by the Himalayas and I love the southern outskirts of Tanat. And I suspect that something like this should happen when two content collides, but I will think about how to make these mountains more unique. This is not due to the fact that I am using real world height maps. I collected Tanat from the mountains of Asia Minor and the Caucasus, but they turned out to be very similar to the Himalayas.

P.S. I started add aulacogens on the South in rifting area
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Harrg; 07-24-2021 at 09:30 AM.