Thread: Hello all!

Post Hello all!

Hello everyone!

New to cartography but have always enjoyed seeing folk's creations, still learning to make maps and the likes myself.
    I am a War Studies student so I do love maps based on battle plans and the likes but in general all types of maps are amazing. I am currently worldbuilding my own world just for something to do for fun called Sabbora. 18th century Russian themed Elves and more!

In terms of what I have used to make maps or tried, I have used wonderdraft, Inkarnate, and more tradition methods such as drawing on grip paper, got a lot of books on how to draw maps, cities and the likes so I have went pretty hard in on learning how to do this. Personally I do want to make maps for my world and more but I am not 100% comfortable yet trying to do that.

Hey, welcome to the Guild! I'm glad you decided to join us. Learning to draw maps definitely takes an investment of time, but it's worth it to keep working at it. There's a ton of inspiration around here and don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have!

- Josh