Thread: Maps of the Miracle world

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Nice land shapes!

Climate Globe.png

Ok so climates have been a bit of a nightmare. I found Azelor's guide a bit too difficult to follow and so I tried using pixie's which has worked for me in the past, however after following most of the steps (up to making the temperature maps) I used the wonderful script from this post to generate the climates. Unfortunately, around 60-70% of the map was black meaning no match with the climate criteria detailed in pixie's guide. Despairing at the amount of work it would take me to fix it manually I took the defeatist option of just using artifexian's climate guide videos, which while very useful as a baseline leave me feeling unsatisfied with the level of detail (I am currently doing an Earth Sciences degree after all)

So if any of you consider yourselves somewhat competent in this very complicated and controversial field, please do let me know if there's any odd climate placements. This planet has an Earthlike spin, year, tilt etc.

Many thanks

Liquid

EDIT: Colours have been ripped directly from the wikipedia page for the Koppen Climate Classification