Quote Originally Posted by IllustratedPageBookDesign View Post
I've also thought about using Dungeon Draft for the base layout then exporting to Photoshop and painting/drawing on top, using it as a reference.
That's what I do with OWM except I pipeline it to Clip Studio Paint, lol. I think this makes the best looking results and given your feelings about Inkarnate, it'll make you happiest. I will note, in Dungeon Draft you're still going to be making shapes like squares. While it has a painting style interface to set up the base texture, the shape of the interior is still going to be constructed in a vector-esque way, where you click to add lines and drag to make a room. That's just how interiors be. Then you'll be populating it by clicking stamps down, possibly stamps that you made by drawing but it will be stamp-style construction in any program to populate an interior.

There's one trick you can use that maybe you haven't thought of yet for working in a Photoshop-esque program to 'paint' or 'draw' instead of building shapes... you can draw with the clone stamp tool and not just stamp with it. So if you have a texture set up You can also make a styled vector square and resize it to fit different rooms and keep a master file full of various styles you've created. Finally, you can set up brushes to stamp decor.