Thread: Fir Bog

Default Fir Bog

An isometric-style map depicting a small settlement amidst an expansive bog/wetland of mostly dead fir trees. AKA Fir Bog.

Fir-Bog-Layout-Map-17x11.png

Guild Novice

Nice map. I hate to think how many alligators live in those wetlands.

I want to know more of the story of this settlement. Something must have brought the settlers to the bog, bogs are no fun since summer mosquitoes are hell.
    It kind of reminds of me the tundra thawing in Siberia and the land sinking and ponds appearing. The same is happening in Alaska and good news, Firs do grow far enough north for this.

I'd be more worried about Moose. Firs are a tree common in Canada, so wherever this bog is, is pretty cold most of the year. Think Yukon or Northwest Territories Canada for what this bog might be like for reals. Moose, Grizzly and possible Black Bear, Wolves. This village could make for a good pioneer or exile settlement post global warming when the tundra melts and turns into bogs. There's a lot of potential for world building off this.

Quote Originally Posted by darkseed2012 View Post
    I'd be more worried about Moose. Firs are a tree common in Canada, so wherever this bog is, is pretty cold most of the year. Think Yukon or Northwest Territories Canada for what this bog might be like for reals. Moose, Grizzly and possible Black Bear, Wolves. This village could make for a good pioneer or exile settlement post global warming when the tundra melts and turns into bogs. There's a lot of potential for world building off this.
    Exactly the kind of stuff I was thinking while sketching it out. Definitely a northern type environment with vast areas of wetland... Muskeg with natural creatures (moose, beaver, muskrat, plenty of waterfowl). Resources would include whatever game can be found in such an environ. Peat farming (for fuel) and bog iron (for smelting). Fantastically speaking – ghosts, willo-wisps, and perhaps a bog-drake (black dragon).