Thread: City Map by MidJourney

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected schattentanz's Avatar

Right, first things first:
    I'm a midjourney noob and I cannot make it create the things I want. (What I want: A cowboy dueling a sci fi trooper in front of a fairy castle)
    I just learned a couple of days ago, that midjourney currently is not able to picture multiple objects in a proper way and you'll get better results, if you ask for one object only.
    Also, the results depending on keywords entered are pretty random: I've seen someone enter "red bear" and get pretty nice results, whereas my query for "gunslinger" just sucked.

The whole AI generated stuff is pretty new. In German we'd say it is in the "shoes of a child" (just btw ..)
    So there is still soooooooo much, all those machines have to learn.
    Also, the use of the machines still has to be learned: To be honest, I don't have a clue how to feed midjourney with proper terms to get a believable picture of a (demi-)human.
    So I tried my luck at a city map.
    The result is pretty impressive for what it is - at least in my eyes - but I agree with "it looks more like a piece of art":
    A proper city map would need to have "highlights". Ok, this one does have some (the red areas). Maybe because some of my keywords were "cathedral, marketplace, castle".
    Maybe I would need to outline the streets and adjust their colour or something.
    Also, some lables to "highlight" the highlights even more, a "what can be found where" box - that kind of stuff.
    But for a basis to start working with, I'd say it's not that bad ..

Kind regards,
    Kai
    CatZeyeS Headquarters - home of free miniature skirmsh game rules and supplements

Hi,
    @schattentanz
    Did you tried multi-prompts?
    I found a tuto that helped me with this kind of dilemna.

Multiprompts. ( :: ) Try this:
    two subjects :: Teddy Roosevelt fighting bigfoot :: action pose full body shot, in style of EC Comics, Al Feldstein ::2 realistic paper, four color printing, vintage comic, vibrant color, retro style, high contrast, inkwork, fine detail, max rendering
    One of the easiest ways to use multiprompts is as parallel, non-contradictory descriptions of the same scene. So, 'two subjects' is an easy description for it to figure out. And then a more complex description of the same scene, 'Teddy Roosevelt fighting bigfoot' hangs on that. Then you can add additional prompts. My first test with this was that it was losing some of the artistic style you were after, So I separated out 'action pose full body shot, in style of EC Comics, Al Feldstein', and gave that section of the prompt some weight (::2), telling it to focus more on that. The those less important words like 'realistic paper' are all combined in a single part of the prompt, but they're relatively weak, so now it knows that if it's got to choose between two subjects, and realistic paper, it'll choose two subjects.