Thread: What would a cartographer's notes be like?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

A couple of other questions you might want to consider....

How old is the map? Can the characters read what is written on the map other than the "picture" stuff? What units of measure are used on the map and are they still in use by the characters?

Like the idea though. I suppose one way to approach it would be to have a cartographer (here perhaps) make you a sketchy sort of map with notes on it (something of their own most likely) and then hand it off to an artist to interpret (maybe yourself if you are an artist). Don't know if that helps, but maybe.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Guild Member Facebook Connected sarawinter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greason Wolfe View Post
    Like the idea though. I suppose one way to approach it would be to have a cartographer (here perhaps) make you a sketchy sort of map with notes on it (something of their own most likely) and then hand it off to an artist to interpret (maybe yourself if you are an artist). Don't know if that helps, but maybe.
    That would be really awesome! I would give it a try since a do a bit of artwork in my free time. But on the other hand I have no experience with dwarven craftsmanship... I just know that it would be a magnificent thing to hold in my hand