Thread: How to create satellite style mountains in photoshop?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Starting point

Yes, I am using tangram heightmapper. So as I mentioned before, I have heightmaps. Now I need to know those approaches

Quote Originally Posted by Koroliov8 View Post
    Yes, I am using tangram heightmapper. So as I mentioned before, I have heightmaps. Now I need to know those approaches
    Download Wilbur, load the map you have in it and then use a Wilbur shader setup to set the color codes you like to have a geographic looking map , the point is to use the right color scheme ...

Quote Originally Posted by Koroliov8 View Post
    Sorry I missed that. As Naima mentioned, one good approach would be to use Wilbur. You can do the same in other heightmap programs like Gaia (and I think in World Creator), especially if you want more of a satellite style texturing. Another approach is using custom gradients in Photoshop or Gimp, which I believe is addressed in the tutorials Kell posted. Finally, another Guild tutorial from awhile back covers the Gimp/Photoshop approach and I think includes some nice premade satellite style gradients you can use. https://www.cartographersguild.com/s...light=arsheesh