By Simkin
So... France conquest Great Britain, interesting! ��
I think the style proposed is modern, but equally good.
Well, yes and no. In my uchronic elzevir setting, a strange meteor entered the atmosphere in 1839 and broke in multiple fragments. The biggest fell on Great Britain and destroyed a large part of the Midlands, a lot of smaller fragments fell on the rest of the isles (and some other rocks and a rain of small ones fell on different locations around the world). The damages, added to strange phenomena, made the country not hospitable anymore. The remnant british population fled to France, America, Netherland, Scandinavia and the former colonies around the world (some became independent like India, some were integrated to other countries). The french republic, by proximity (both geographic and historic) had the strongest claim on the lands. But as you can see, the population is still quite low (though the setting is now 194... And thanks !

By Voolf
That is so neat. I love your atlas style mapping. One of my favourite.
You have got good design skills for those kind of maps.
Thanks a lot ! Well, I'm inspired a lot by both old and recent books/atlases I have, which influence heavily on my style I guess. And on my more recent tendency to do infographics.