Thread: Middle Earth DEM Project

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

woah. hahah! effing good sh*t! LOVE IT.

Can we get more natural fall off on the ice by latitude? That's a harsh transition; just a little. I was thinking a fall off influenced by river valleys but that's just one idea- whether tis doable I dunno. The temperature would be moderated by water and the relief being more sheltered- ie the rivers. Also I think large areas of veg as well- but there aren't any are there?

Don't know what happened with the bottom edge. Some export problem from GM obviously. It's a minor detail we can cut that off...well needs must on this occasion I think. I don't want to go back now: let's just do this run. Going forward.

Yes, just looked again. The ice should not come that far south. It should have its *absolute* limit along the northern edge of those mountains- the ones runs east-west. Even that would be too much. I think some degrees north of that line.

A bit too much snow on the Mistys as well. Can we reduce that cover?

I see what you mean about the bottom left yes? That is one huge beach...! I could add a little in WM to that area- just some polys to undulate. There's the hills of course but not sure how many are down there.

this needs changing- this should be grasslands- what is that? moorland?

This is AWESOME- gotta get me a bigger pic of this Robes. Can you stick one up on the ftp? The whole transition from river -> hills -> moorland is so beautiful. All that complexity. Once we add the hills in in World Machine.... sweeeeeeeeet.

monks
    Last edited by monks; 01-16-2009 at 06:50 AM.