Thread: Isoxandria

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Adept Facebook Connected Daelin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eilathen View Post
    Ok, with that kind of "intro" to your map...I have to ask
    I have a tendency to make weird and kinda aloof comments online, not just on CG, so that was what I could think to say when I made this thread.

Is there a story? Is this a developed setting? Or just randomly put together? Because if it's the former, please tell us about it! The portraits alone make me suuuper curious about all those folks
    No, there isn't much of a story to this. I just like to make maps that have a feeling of being lived in, if that makes sense. The portraits are... sourced from the internet, although I do heavily rework what images I use, so that isn't exactly "stealing", is it? Anyway, they're just examples of people I imagine live in my world, they don't have a story beyond their name and description. Same with the place names and legend. No more story beyond what's written.

The map itself looks really good as well. Could totally see myself "stealing" this map for a city-adventure in any kind of TTRPG.
    You can probably guess my stance on using other people's creations for one's own personal enjoyment, so if you wanna use my map for roleplaying, you go right the heck ahead. Have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Turambar View Post
    Was this done in Photoshop?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    I can't imagine how long it took to put together.
    Me neither.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    And I love the, err, diverse population!
    That's somewhat the point. A multicultural, multispecial (as in species) fantasy metropolis.
    Last edited by Daelin; 01-07-2024 at 05:30 PM.