Thread: Seeking Feedback and Ideas for Worldbuilding Project

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hi Naima, look, I am no expert and don't know your work well but as concerned in worldbuilding projects I have a few suggestions/insights:

1. Look what works for other people and thy to implement that.
    The channel Ricks Creation for example, have only a few videos made with excellent quality and already has 41.000 subscribers, and they began with a map of his world (https://youtu.be/6P3tNKncAjY?si=F5gZwbT0YvcensPy). He tries to engage people in the creative process, letting his patreons and regular followers to choose what the next video will be. He also has an instagram, his own site, a reddit account, an patreon.
    Other one I like a lot is the Monstergarden, he exploded a while ago making amazing, shorter videos, and bringing content different than anything, he re-imagined dwarfs and monsters in a very creative world. He has a patreon, a discord server and a X account. Also he makes drawing livestreams were he gets donnations and talk to people.

From them I would say, be creative, be organized, engage and listen to followers. Also, maybe you don't need to post so often but to make good content.

2. Also, be clear.
    If you want people to create for your world let them have a reinforcer, like showoff the best fanmade creations, competitions, co-labs, appear in live, Q&As, don't know. But let clear they can create upon your world.

3. In regard of monetization... I agree with Turambar, TTRPG are an easier anwser and have a market. But this also is saturated. Novels and tales have their own groups.
    Last edited by Ink_alpinist; 02-05-2024 at 07:42 AM.