View Poll Results: Dive into this challenge?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES! Let's go!

3 75.00%
  • The gears need some tuning

1 25.00%
  • Nah. Another time.

0 0%

Thread: Mapping Challenge: Pick 1 in each Block

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I like the idea. I suggest adding a 3rd block with event/setting prompts to help us come up with story ideas/backstory of the map. It narrows the focus. Nothing prevents us from combining various prompts to create a novel backstory idea.

It can be as simple as
    You are Arthur Silverwing of the Havali people who are able to transform into a bird. You are a descendent of the Great Silverwing Eagle who descended from the Great Roc of the Northwest. You are a gold-ranked cartographer in the Cartographer Guild (an independent organisation spanning multiple countries and regions much like the Artificer and Alchemist Guilds). You accepted the job to map the Great Forest of Vacor. The journey there is perilous. The forest itself is filled with secrets, ruins of lost civilisations, hidden dragons and crouching tigers. It's huge endeavour but well worth the rank up to diamond rank and the benefits it provides... The details can be left for the Cartographer to fill in.

Maybe you can generate a missionboard containing 20+ missions with various imaginary compensations for us Cartographers to either accept or reject. The more specific the task, the higher the "reward"?

We like playing games, reading watching, listening to scifi and fantasy and all their subgenres and cross-overs. So, why not make the next mapping challenging an RPG-style one / choose your own adventure?
    Last edited by KaiAeon; 07-05-2024 at 05:16 PM.
    View my website and Instagram