Thread: Mont Verte, a town map.

Map Mont Verte, a town map.

Hey everyone,

Just dropping another map I finished a while ago. this is actually the first map I made when I got a digital tablet, but I just forgot to post it. Just like the last one I posted, there are things I like and things I'll experiment differently on my next map. I know the buildings look a little weird, I'll admit I got lazy when coloring and just made them all blue.

Again, I'm happy with the result, specially for my first digital hand-drawn map. One thing that helped me was to just go on Google Maps and use historical cities as inspiration, for this map I jumped around France a bit, unfortunately I don't remember the exact names of the places I used.

Mont-Verte.jpg

Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

Great map! Hahaha, the one thing I would have pointed out, that could enhance the map, was some color variety on the buildings.

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19

Not to fret, my next piece will have a great variety of roof colors

Excellent map! I agree that more variety on roof colors would be good, but also not too much variety! It’s actually shocking how uniform roof colors and styles can be in a lot of old cities and towns.

Quote Originally Posted by Daia Maps View Post
    One thing that helped me was to just go on Google Maps and use historical cities as inspiration, for this map I jumped around France a bit, unfortunately I don't remember the exact names of the places I used.
    It looks like Conques in Rouergue, southwestern France.

Yes, that was it! This is the town I used as my main reference. It was almost a trace haha, but I wanted to get a better feel for how a town might be organized.

I'm impressed you managed to recognize it, I feel like most people wouldn't know even their hometown from above, let alone from a drawing.

Blog Entries

That is a nice map and it is impressive that somebody can recognize it from the top down fantasy plan. Your shadows look pretty good and consistent.

Thank you for the compliments. I'll admit that the shadows are just the Photoshop Drop Shadow effect, with a little bit of manual corrections here and there