Thread: Software update(s)

Question Software update(s)

Hello, I'm seeing a lot of out of date info, re the software.
    Wilbur, to start off, does not seem to be availble any more.

CC had a Humble Bundle recently, keep an eye on the humble website, I've seen several CC bundles there, over the years. Affinity has added a feature, Studio Link, which allows me to draw on tools from the Designer and Photo programs without leaving Publisher. If you use/used PS, you know how valuable that is! Affinity is running a sale through 15 August. Affinity is published Serif (now part of Canva), and the Drawplus program is no longer available.

I'm still under the five-post watch, so, whoever looks this over - can we have a pinned post, with a spreadsheet linking the software to the publisher, and showing current prices?

Does anyone here deal with color-blindness? Rhetorical question ! Color-blindness (in its' many forms), as it affects cartographic design, is one of the subjects that I studied in school. I'll be lookinig for info I can link to here, but i need to see if my old sources are still valid. One I've used recently is:
    https://colorbrewer2.org/#type=seque...cheme=BuGn&n=3
    ESRI had a book by Cynthia Brewer, who created the original ColorBrewer tool, which can be found used.

Wilbur is not available anymore? When did that happen?

Quote Originally Posted by skaForge View Post
    Hello, I'm seeing a lot of out of date info, re the software.
    Wilbur, to start off, does not seem to be availble any more.

CC had a Humble Bundle recently, keep an eye on the humble website, I've seen several CC bundles there, over the years. Affinity has added a feature, Studio Link, which allows me to draw on tools from the Designer and Photo programs without leaving Publisher. If you use/used PS, you know how valuable that is! Affinity is running a sale through 15 August. Affinity is published Serif (now part of Canva), and the Drawplus program is no longer available.

I'm still under the five-post watch, so, whoever looks this over - can we have a pinned post, with a spreadsheet linking the software to the publisher, and showing current prices?

Does anyone here deal with color-blindness? Rhetorical question ! Color-blindness (in its' many forms), as it affects cartographic design, is one of the subjects that I studied in school. I'll be lookinig for info I can link to here, but i need to see if my old sources are still valid. One I've used recently is:
    https://colorbrewer2.org/#type=seque...cheme=BuGn&n=3
    ESRI had a book by Cynthia Brewer, who created the original ColorBrewer tool, which can be found used.
    Wilbur is still available as always, here: http://www.fracterra.com/wilbur.html

Default wilbur

Quote Originally Posted by waldronate View Post
    Wilbur is not available anymore? When did that happen?
    I've tried downloading Wilbur several times. Even though it installs, it never opens.

The Wilbur installer stupidly doesn't put a shortcut anywhere (you need to manually hunt down the program in Program Files\Slayton Software somewhere and make your own shortcut if you want that kind of thing). It also doesn't install any prerequisites, meaning that (as stated in the notes at the top of the page) "You’ll probably need the Visual Studio 2019 redistributable package for x64 to make everything run correctly." A quick search for "Visual Studio 2019 redistributable package for x64" gets a page that has a link to https://aka.ms/vs/17/release/vc_redist.x64.exe that's now conveniently a permalink (it used to require too much hunting around and changed frequently, which is why it's not linked on the web site). If that doesn't work, then there may be a bit more tech support required.