Thanks you all, once again, very much for the kind words, it really keeps me going

Oh wow! This is really fantastic. I love the architectural detail you can get with this almost “side view.”
My approach is a completely architectural one. That’s why i could never be satisfied with having only a top-down view of a place. It may define a town‘s layout, but not its look.

I have a bit more progress to show, as I just finished the ‚middle blocks‘ of the town. Those are a secondary development to make better use of the space within the walls; they grew from stall rows that gradually became permanent establishments and then houses. By the time depicted in this map, this development has long come to a finish, to a point where these middle blocks now contain some of the best houses in the town, built from stone and rising up almost like towers. For better efficiency the roofs of this block are not full two-sided roofs, but instead back-to-back leant-to roofs that allow for larger roof space and hence more storage space. Some of the houses also have passage arcades on the ground floor, allowing then to grow even further in the public road space on the upper levels.

A05BDC0A-A278-47B5-8DE3-7E9EA1CEC3F2.jpeg