Thread: Phrionnsa, Capital City of Asvaldr

Guild Novice

Default Phrionnsa, Capital City of Asvaldr WIP

Hello, all. For the last 12+ years I've had a story in my head and have jotted down notes. I have a relative who plays DnD and I always wanted to but had neither the friend group or time. I decided to put pen to paper and create a campaign. I have a lot of my ideas typed out and I wanted to create maps for it. Here is my W.I.P for Phrionnsa. It's an imperial city of a continent I'm also mapping out. I took a little break from it while I work on this city.

Using 18'x24' Strathmore drawing paper, pencils, Micron pens and Prismacolor Premier colored pencils (Yellow Ochre, Terra Cotta and Bronze so far) as well as various rulers. Inspiration for the map key and other details are from old maps of Rome.

Starting.JPGMap Key Outlined.JPGMap Key Inked.JPGMap Key Color.JPGInfo Box Color.JPG
    Last edited by kozzie; 08-14-2024 at 09:09 PM.

Guild Novice

Working on the harbors. Looked at a lot of maps of ancient Rome, Carthage and many others. I really like the circular harbor of Carthage - it will be for commercial trade. The other is the main harbor for the Empire's fleet. I've been avoiding stencils except for the circular harbor. All other squared/straight lines are done with exact measurements and a straight edge.

Imperial Harbor.jpgCommercial Harbor.jpg
    Last edited by kozzie; 08-14-2024 at 08:18 PM.

The bordering is stunning for how simple it is, looking forward to seeing more of this!

IR

Guild Novice

This map may go to my brother in law that plays DnD. Each corner will probably have his initials and his wife/kids initials in different languages. Each having their own corner. Not sure what to do about the top/bottom/sides yet. Open to suggestions but my artistic side is limited. Something geometric, but simple, possibly but I'm not sure.

Praise Nice

Quote Originally Posted by kozzie View Post
    This map may go to my brother in law that plays DnD. Each corner will probably have his initials and his wife/kids initials in different languages. Each having their own corner. Not sure what to do about the top/bottom/sides yet. Open to suggestions but my artistic side is limited. Something geometric, but simple, possibly but I'm not sure.
    That's so sweet and intentional!! Love it

Guild Novice

Wip Inking the Densly Populated Areas

I sketched out buildings. Saw something I didn't like. Erased. Sketched out more buildings. Didn't like the scale. Erased.

While I don't like to force myself to just put anything down on paper, I decided to ink a building to "persuade" myself to move along. Then I did the others. I have a lot of building/roofing details to do in just these few blocks.

8.jpg9.jpg