Thread: Fantasy Map Request for my novel

Post Fantasy Map Request for my novel

Hi guys!! I'm so new to this so I ask first for patience with me, I don't understand anything about mapmaking so I'm hoping to work with someone that can tell me if my idea is realistic to do or not (even within the fantasy world it still has to make sense)

I'd like my map to consist of 6 small landmasses. An Isthmus or a long belt strip of land that stretches across the middle of the map. & 1 larger land mass behind the Isthmus just bigger than the small ones. And then two major islands. So 10 land masses total.

Now the Isthmus will be conquered by the 4 Seasons so I imagine it to have a sort of volcanic area, forestY area, icy mountain type area, and a dessert type area.

In my story the landmasses were originally apart of the Isthmus before the meteor shower divided the one massive land into the 10 total lands there are.

map.jpg

Again this above is just an example of my thoughts. I used an outline of the Isthmus of Panama and created other land masses around it. What i'm struggling with is knowing where to put mountains, or rivers and how to make any of it look good. If I've over-explained myself I'm sorry this is meant to be informative because I know the idea could have some parts that need refining. The style could resemble something similar to the parchment style, but I'm open to some other options and not really tied to one!

I'd pay someone $500 USD to do this for me if they could and we could "share" rights to it. I'd just want to be able to make changes to it if I need (i.e the names of places, shape etc)

Please let me know what you guys think and if you have any questions feel free to message me!

Thank you (:

This request has been taken
    Last edited by dpitchtheauthor; 08-17-2024 at 08:47 AM.

Happy to help you design a world from scratch and work on that worldbuilding nitty gritty base to build it up as a collaborative creation. You can find my maps on my portfolio, Feed the Multiverse maps.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

I'd be happy to work with you.

Examples of my work are in the signature below.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

Hi! Hope you are well!

I would love to work with you on this project. I spend a lot of time world building on maps and creating places that would be interesting to explore in narrative, since I also have a writer in me.

Here is a section of my portfolio. Not all by a long shot. Also, I can easily adapt my style to a more paper type style. I just also like to make colorful maps. Artstation

If you want to talk further, you can reach me at: omriwithhope[at]gmail.com (just exchange the "[at]" with @)

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19

Post Commission Taken

Hey guys thanks for everyone who reached out and offered their services! This commission has been taken by XCali with Hope Maps (: