Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Naunberg - a town in the western mountains

Quote Originally Posted by Chlodowech View Post
    My approach is a completely architectural one. That’s why i could never be satisfied with having only a top-down view of a place. It may define a town‘s layout, but not its look.

Attachment 137880
    I agree! I aspire to improve my architectural drawing to the level where I can attempt something like this some day. Beautiful work as always.

Yet another bit of progress. I’m getting towards the back row, and therefore finally to some nice streetfronts. Most of these houses have ground floor arcades to increase the upper floor space, as described in my last post. I also added a well and some market stalls to avoid the somewhat empty squares that i had on my older maps.

DAE8AD07-2B71-4903-A144-338F428B457D.jpeg

173216D3-D4A1-4CBC-9C4B-8066380A745C.jpeg

Another small bit of progress - I closed the gap in the back row towards the east gate and began adding the castle at the west gate. Sadly i noticed some issues with leaning houses mainly in the middle block; I will try to get them fixed as much as it is still possible.

795F046B-4A89-4D40-8613-39DB5686C38C.jpeg
    Last edited by Chlodowech; 08-19-2024 at 03:48 AM.

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Always amazed by your skill ! Your lineart is so precise and your sense of perspective is simply incredible !

Always amazed by your skill ! Your lineart is so precise and your sense of perspective is simply incredible !
    Thank you very much!
    And yes, I am more or less forced to be very strict with line widths and clean lines, otherwise this amount of little details would simply turn into a big indistinguishable blob. And the perspective… well, as usual it took quite a few corrections to get it halfway right because maybe someone was too lazy to plan out the town properly beforehand.

As for the latest bit of progress… things have slowed down a bit because I simply had less time for drawing recently. I continued drawing the houses of the town’s back row, but eventually got bored a bit, as the cohesive style makes the houses a tiny bit repetitive. But luckily, there’s a ton of landscape around the town to be done, so I chose to get going with one of the more interesting bits, which is a mill on the river outside the east (right) gate. The rather unique shape of the building is inspired by a late medieval farmhouse at St. Ulrich in Gröden, South Tyrol which has sadly been demolished a few years ago.

F6F7773B-BBC4-4A2B-B065-0C116560288D.jpeg

80D1C9E5-7B29-4DF2-B715-7336E59BBC09.jpeg
    Last edited by Chlodowech; 08-31-2024 at 12:57 PM.

I'm still not having a good idea on how to add some interesting flavour to the back row, so instead I got more into landscape details. As for the cliffs I'm not yet completely happy with the detailing.

IMG_7701.jpg

Well, it's looking incredible.

Thank you very much

The inner town is complete. Now for some suburbs and a ton of landscape…

Naunberg2.jpg
    Last edited by Chlodowech; 09-05-2024 at 05:53 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12