Thread: Need a regional map of my autumnal themed feywild adventure for my D&D game.

Map Need a regional map of my autumnal themed feywild adventure for my D&D game.

Hello!

I am the dungeon master of a long-running Dungeons and Dragons game. I am looking for a 'regional map' of the next area of adventure I will be taking my players to for the next 6-9 months of our game. The map does not need to be realistic or to scale. I've used regional maps so my players have something to look at and for some context while we play, kind of as a combo "travel map" ("where are we?") and thematic background.

This is what I am currently looking for:

Style: The 'visual' style of our campaign is fairly straightforward vanilla Tolkienesque fantasy. For this map however, they will be transported to the feywild, which is more or less the Dungeons and Dragons version of Narnia. My version of the feywild they will be visiting is autumn themed. So I'm thinking harvest season, Halloween themes, spooky not scary, etc. Fantastical map to provide context and inspiration, so geographies and distances don't need to be realistic.
    Size: This will be used primarily used for a virtual table top, so anything that looks good at 1080p would be perfect.
    Quality: Professional I guess? It's not required for print (although if it's really good I may make copies for myself and my players), but the primary purpose will be for web.
    Time: I would love this by October? My players should arrive to this area sometime next month. Given the seasonal timing, having this ready for autumn would be perfect. If someone would like to take more time, I think the latest I would want this completed by is Halloween.
    Copyright: This will be used for personal purposes, nothing commercial. The artist can keep the copywrite as long as I can use the map in my campaign with friends, and share it with people in excitement.
    Contact (email): nhahneman--at--gmail--dot--com

Description:
    My players are soon to be transported to the realm of Prismeer in the feywild, the domain of delight of the Archfey Zyblina who is secretly also the Witch-Queen Iggwilv. I have structured my feywild into areas corresponding with each season, with a court ruling each. Prismeer is the autumnally themed part of the feywild. This is very much a fantastical area, all of the non player-characters I will be acting out will have very heightened emotions. Also the overall tone will be a bit sullen and morose. Nothing grim, but in keeping with the autumnal theme this is a place of the harvest. The beginning of the end of the lively seasons. Six foot tall fields of heavy wheat infested with fat insects, trees bearing overripened fruit, shorter days, absolutely a pumpkin patch with a hostile anthropomorphic pumpkin king, a hag coven, etc...

I primarily love fantasy maps as a source of inspiration, so while there will be 6-12 locations and "goings ons" I want represented on the map, I hope to find someone who can take some artistic license that can help fuel my imagination as a collaborator. I will detail the locations, goings-ons, and other necessary context with anyone who takes up this commission, but can provide more detail to anyone curious.

Budget:
    I was thinking $500 as a starting point. However, I have never requested anything like this, so I do not have a good frame of reference. I could also easily see myself going up to twice that amount with the right collaborator. Negotiable but let's start with what $500 might look like.

Hope to discuss this with someone soon!

Best,
    Nick

Hi, i love this kind of maps. try to check my style on my channels in my signature. Feel free to email me

Sounds like a fun map. Happy to help depending on the style you are looking for. You can check out my portfolio here: https://www.deviantart.com/turambar91

Guild Journeyer

Sent you an email but just in case here's my website

www.strigunart.com

CHEERS!

I wonder if Kisachik takes commissions, their storytelling map style would be absolutely perfect for this commission but I've never seen them post in the commission section. https://www.cartographersguild.com/member.php?u=130050

I'd be willing to do this map for you too, my portfolio can be found here and my contact information is in my signature.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

I appreciate all of the interest! As a first time dabbler here it's pleasing. I went ahead and engaged Turambar so mods you can edit this post as [TAKEN]. That said, I'm enjoying poking around the community here, lots of talent, and I'll be sure to come back with my next map! Thank you Tiana, Strigunary, and hyn_works for replying! Maybe next time!