Thread: Runequest Glorantha's Maniria, using Inkscape

Wip Runequest Glorantha's Maniria, using Inkscape

Hey there!
    I've been a member here for years, but I've never really been active. So, I'm going to try to change that a bit.

I'm teaching myself Inkscape, in part so I can make a map of an area of the Runequest Glorantha setting called Maniria. For people unfamiliar with Glorantha, its an extremely detailed bronze age fantasy setting. Maniria is a relatively minor region, "next door" to the geographic focus of the setting (Sartar, Prax, and the Holy Country). For various reasons, I like Maniria, and I want to try to develop it more. To that end, I'm using Inkscape because I want a vector map I can zoom up on specific locations (cities, ruins, etc).

The first goal is learn Inkscape well enough to reproduce official maps, and then add my details.

Using the published Argar Argan Atlast, I merged several pages to make a general map of Maniria:
    Maniria Full Map for Discord.png

And here's my Inkscape reproduction:
    Maniria.png

If people have suggestions, I am all ears. I'm very new to trying to make "good" maps. If you have a preferred tutorial for Inkscape, I'd love to know. Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beautiful work! FWIW, I like your version much better than the uninspired AA version.