Thread: September/October 2024 Challenge: Descoteaux Estate and Ghost Town, 1897

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

FINISHED! Five hours and eight minutes. I was scratching out those blades of grass while watching the deadline fly up like the Concorde.

### Latest WIP ###
    Descoteaux Estate and Ghost Town, 1897 - 3.png

Visit my business site: The Elderly Cartographer
    For commissions: Fiverr
    Follow me on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and DeviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by The Elderly Cartographer View Post
    FINISHED! Five hours and eight minutes. I was scratching out those blades of grass while watching the deadline fly up like the Concorde.

### Latest WIP ###
    Descoteaux Estate and Ghost Town, 1897 - 3.png
    This looks really great, especially for only 5 hrs. I love the house! I will need to think of something for this contest.

Thanks Chashio!

I needed swampy trees, so while sketching I made the bottom edges of the trees jagged to imply Spanish Moss. The technique looked like it worked so I went with it. There could be spiders... or Creole bandits. Who knows no one has attempted to explore the ghost town in many decades. As for the mansion, the locals say that the Cajun landlord is so villainous that even Vlad the Impaler would turn down an invite to the mansion, but that is just scuttlebutt. You know how superstitious people invent such crazy things...

Visit my business site: The Elderly Cartographer
    For commissions: Fiverr
    Follow me on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and DeviantArt