Quote Originally Posted by Neutron_22 View Post
Hi waldronate!
Don't worry, this is a question I have asked myself several times! In fact, my story focuses mainly on the southeastern continent, and I don't know if it will ever reach the shores of the central one.
The point is that I would like to know the geography of the whole world, and for this to be at least plausible.
I know it might perhaps seem like a waste of time (and indeed it has been for many years now, because it has distracted me from writing those stories), but I make no secret of the fact that it would be wonderful to see the whole world come to life. That's why I finally decided to abandon GPlates and do the work by hand-it seemed like an acceptable compromise.

Yes, I realize that the central continent is huge, considering that the planet has a larger radius than the Earth, it should have an area of about 91 million square kilometers. Actually the huge desert might be an interesting feature (or just very unrealistic?), I don't know. Any suggestions?
I do the tectonic work by hand too , I find Gplates an useless overburden that takes too much time to learn and even more time to use in a proper way when I can do all what I need by simply applying logic and some Tectonics knowlegdge.

Usually Tectonics are usefull for two reasons to me :

1 Create plausible position of orography like mountains, basins, underwater features and continental shapes.
2 Have an idea of where to position world resources like from Oil to Gold and so on.

That's all for me , some people might want to delve deeper and have all the geological evolutionary stages of the continental drifts but this really depends on the needs I think and for most uses , to have a tectonic map is more than enough to have very plausible and realistic world.