Thread: New To Cartography and I'm Finding Myself Oddly Entranced

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Novice

Haha, thanks, Gamerprinter, NeonKnight, and Ascension for the welcomes. Yeah, I completely understand the use of Photoshop. I've just never been really introduced into using it and I'm a real traditionalist. I think that second part is the real reason why I want to hand-draw everything I do.

And NeonKnight, that actually makes a ton of sense. I've liked to keep a sketchbook myself, but that was more in my days when I drew other various comic-booky things. Most of my maps kind of tend to be very outliney and colorable (yeah, I realize I just made up two words) because of it.

I might post some things up... a bit later. Once I've gotten more things done here, I'd probably want to showcase a little bit of it to see what other guild members think of my work. I was kind of surprised to find a Cartography Guild. I didn't realize there were so many Cartographers out there until I'd started on my own project, so it's great to find so many people out there with the same interest.

Post Edit!

I wasn't trying to say those who can't work with pen/pencil/drawing tablet weren't artists, just that we have both extremes here the true artist and the true lover of maps that can create with the help of software. Many of the maps on this site are very artistic, yet never did a pen hit a piece of paper in the making of it.

I didn't mean to insult anyone with my first post!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations