Thread: Inhabitants of the world. Any need for illustrations?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Great job 12Rounds! I think I have just the place for him in the village I'm working on for this month's map challenge.

FYI... Paladins of Valan tend to favor the bastard sword as their preferred weapon.
    Last edited by Steel General; 04-14-2009 at 01:16 PM.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected 12rounds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    FYI... Paladins of Valan tend to favor the bastard sword as their preferred weapon.
    That's precisely why I chose *not* to give him a bastard sword! The guy doesn't appreciate the secular movements within his religion that force it's members to some pre-defined mold.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 12rounds View Post
    That's precisely why I chose *not* to give him a bastard sword! The guy doesn't appreciate the secular movements within his religion that force it's members to some pre-defined mold.
    Don't get me wrong, I like the fact that he's different.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Love this guy...course I love most paladins, especially ones named Augustus.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected 12rounds's Avatar

Name: King Faegor Udgersson
    Race: Human

A long-time king, Faegor has managed to stay in power not only due to his strategic insight, but also due to respect. He is respected by his peers and underlings equally and eventhough a few attempts at his life have been encountered, Faegor has managed to maintain a relatively stable atmosphere in his kingdom. This stability has allowed the kingdom to prosper thru many means, but one of the most important ones is the trade routes that have been established during Faegor's reign. His father, Udger Olafsson, was the king before him and that period is remembered mainly by oppression, persecution and bloodshed.

Faegor is over 60 years of age, but the recent years have not treated him kindly. His health has taken several nose-dives and memory is no longer operating without faults. Faegor has been mentally pretty stable for his whole life, but recently he has become impatient, prone to fits of anger and has grown a sense of paranoia. These changes have appeared within a long period of time and only persons who have been dealing with Faegor for years are in a position to notice anything. And yes - some have noticed the changes - and are rightfully concerned about the future of the kingdom and their own personal future.

Several layers of trusted men stand between Faegor and a regular citizen of North Skolvendun. He has established a court in Faegor Castle 10 miles outside Vilgian. The castle maintains an alertness level slightly higher than should be on times of peace and the king is no longer as easily reached as he was a decade earlier. He has not secluded himself into the castle, but his journeys around the country in state-business have been growing slightly further apart with each year.

North Skolvendun is still a peacefull kingdom. Faegor has trusted allies throughout the country and has direct control over the standing troops of the kingdom. But as years have passed, some power has been permanently shifting to trusted men that surround him in his court and some of the country's nobility are alarmed by the weakening of the king's true authority over the affairs of the kingdom.

Personal issues have haunted Faegor for years and the matter involving his eldest son, Birger, has made a haunting impact on his personality. His wife, Helga, passed away only 10 months ago ruined by a long period of debilitating infections. His wife was a balancing force for Faegor for 30 odd years and her death brought to surface a much dimmer and savage world view in Faegor.

### PIC ###
    Last edited by 12rounds; 10-28-2010 at 10:54 AM.