Thread: SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE: Alliance Crossover #1

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hi, everyone.

Just wanted to say that I've looked over the entries, and they are fascinating. I'm impressed by (and a little jealous of) the skills being showcased here.

As a disclaimer to those who are working on maps of the Glass Ocean... I had no idea it was going to be used for this contest. If I had known you'd be making maps based on it, I wouldn't have tried so hard to make it difficult to map.

It is seriously exciting to watch these projects take shape!

But its so uber awesome!~ Although yes, fiendishly difficult to map....but that is part of its appeal

Quote Originally Posted by Luminous Crayon View Post
    Hi, everyone.

Just wanted to say that I've looked over the entries, and they are fascinating. I'm impressed by (and a little jealous of) the skills being showcased here.

As a disclaimer to those who are working on maps of the Glass Ocean... I had no idea it was going to be used for this contest. If I had known you'd be making maps based on it, I wouldn't have tried so hard to make it difficult to map.

It is seriously exciting to watch these projects take shape!
    That is a very good point. Arcana, we may want to make sure that the admins of the other Alliance sites are telling the contestants that their stuff is eventually going to get mapped when we do Alliance wide contests. That might make it a bit easier on us.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

True...I made sure to mention in the September Challenge writeup that the map will probably be utilized by the alliance sites....Ishmayl? Thoughts?
    Fantaseum (https://www.fantaseum.com)

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    True...I made sure to mention in the September Challenge writeup that the map will probably be utilized by the alliance sites....Ishmayl? Thoughts?
    I agree, that would have definitely helped. Foresight! We'll get it right next time around.

Personally, I believe using the Glass Ocean or Rushon again next month might be overkill.
    We\'re Here to Help - Plot Development, Short Stories, Inspiration and More!
    PlotStorming.com

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    It's entirely possible that it was mentioned, and I managed to overlook it.

No worries. It really made my day yesterday when I found out all this was going on.

Well, it was mentioned once on my site, but only in "the Tavern," which means a lot of people probably didn't ever see the message. We'll make sure things are prepared a bit more next time, we're all still kinda new to this "alliance" thing

The Campaign Builders' Guild - Part of the Alliance of Creative Communities, the Campaign Builders' Guild is your home away from home while searching for tips, reviews, criticisms, helpful hints, and resources for building a wonderful campaign setting.

Turtles All the Way Down - Blogging about Building Campaigns.

We still have the potential problem of the CBG writing up Rushon and us mapping it during the same month...

What might be fun one month is to have teams of one person from each of the alliance sites producing maps/fiction/world writeups, with each team doing a separate area of the world as their entry for the competition.

If the idea is that the material appears in some sort of publiction, then by not having everyone work on exactly the same subject we don't end up with duplication and wastage for entries that don't win.

Just my 2 coppers!

Ravs

That's a very good idea ravells! So good, in fact, that I had the same idea myself about a month ago! We were worried though about the time scales and the amount of people on the individual boards who would participate. Though the CBG has many times the member base as Cartographers Guild and PlotStorming, it for some reason doesn't get as many involved in the contests as the other two sites do. It may be my fault - perhaps I'm doing the wrong contests! (though I have asked advice and such on my site for contests people would prefer). It is also my thought that many of the people from the various sites work on their own schedule, and wouldn't have time to do things such as "meet and discuss the contest and get everything together by a certain date." But I think it's a great idea that has a lot of potential in the future.

The Campaign Builders' Guild - Part of the Alliance of Creative Communities, the Campaign Builders' Guild is your home away from home while searching for tips, reviews, criticisms, helpful hints, and resources for building a wonderful campaign setting.

Turtles All the Way Down - Blogging about Building Campaigns.