I noticed some of your work on the board, GP! I look forward to seeing more. I'm glad that these resources can be of some assistance.

I've been working on a book as well, in a fictional Japan-inspired setting of my own creation named Asajima (instead of the land of the rising sun, 'dawn island'! Ha ha! Ha... haaa.... *crickets*). I'm hoping to publish it later on this year, though my worldmap was created before I had any real idea of scale, travel times and distances, natural geological features, etc. Now that I've learned so much from this site, I want to redesign the map before I send the book off to the printers, since it's the map I plan to base all of my future works in. Once I rebuild the map, I'm hoping to be able to post it here on Cartographer's Guild.

In the meantime, I've been working on a map for a Japan-modified D&D game, and I'm hoping to post the map and some accompanying material on the forum some time in the next few days. I'm shooting for a setting with a lot of classical D&D elements (all of the major 3.5 races represented), but in a cultural setting similar to the one I've cobbled together for Asajima (the courts and nobility have a very Heian period feel, the world in general has a lot of sengoku jidai influences from before the arrival of foreigners, a few post-Meiji elements like the modern image of geisha as entertainers, etc).