Thread: Veil Vale - an experiment

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Link Sorry it took so long...

Since this is too big for a thumbnail link, here's the link. Oddly the dimensions are actually 2391 pixels by 3500 (not quite a 24 x 36) at 100 ppi = 5 feet.

http://www.gamer-printshop.com/images/veilvale100.png

"Anyone... anyone?"
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 10-17-2007 at 10:17 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Got it! I'll post something in a bit.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Post Ah, yeah...

When I "loose" my connection it goes on a rampage throughout the countryside - I have to try and keep it under control!
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Finally finished it.

You can see the video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giLeonpfwKE

I posted a few other demos of MT there as well, as did Dorpond who happens to be the "demo meister". I think I even have a couple Poser animations up there as well. Which you can see in the video listing and by clicking More From This User.

Anyway, enjoy.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Praise Pretty cool!

Pretty cool - I wasn't expecting the total demo with encounters and everything! I also like the fact you zoomed into the lower falls area.

What did you think of the "rocks under the water" effect? Its hard to see that in the image WIP I posted, but the water is actually transparent and part of the rocks are above the water and some are under with the waves overhead, it looks strikingly real yet is a very easy effect to produce.

Oh, would you think it better for me to provide a version of this map - sans trees, so that VTT users can place their own trees? So their PC tokens can walk under, not on top of trees on the map.

DrivethruRPG store

It was a nice effect.

Yes, the more "decorations" that can be placed by the user the better. That is what is so nice about the individual stamps. You can take a base map, and then stamp all the "decorations" you want on it.

The demo was really brief and pretty short, but I think I got across the basic idea of what a VTT is and the types of things you can do with it. The video itself was just a bunch of screen captures put into a movie. I have an actual movie demo tool now that I still haven't tried out. I might give it another shot, but show the whole process via a video of the actual use.

If you want to make another map with no trees, and then post the trees as individual PNGs with transparency, I can make another video and shoot the whole thing live.

I just had a thought, if MT supported animated GIFs those waterfalls could be animated. That would make a cool effect. I wonder if Heruca has got flash working well in Battlegrounds yet. That would be fun to see, plus BG supports sound effects as well...