Thread: Veil Vale - an experiment

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default I'd offer multiple formats for VTT products

Quote Originally Posted by RPMiller View Post
    You might want to take a look at the free ones as well. Folks that save money on their VTT may be a bit more apt to purchase maps and other content.
    As with anything I create, I try to provide as many formats as possible to target the largest user-base. Of course I'd obtain or otherwise become familiar with every VTT application.

Comparatively in my map printing side of my shop, I own CC3, DD3 and Dundjinni, I have Dungeoncrafter 3, and am thoroughly familiar with Heavy Metal Map, Cartograph, and of course use PS/GIMP to open most every other graphics format a map might come within. This way I can open and print anyone's map file - PDFs included. Because I actually run a daytime repro shop, I work with AutoCAD and Microstation too - though only enough to print somebody's file.

So any map I create for the VTT market would be sized and saved to every format any user is likely to need.
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 10-19-2007 at 07:16 PM. Reason: grammar
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations