Thread: [Award Winner] Antique-style maps in Photoshop

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Well, first, your land should be on its own layer with no sea. Second, if you're using CS4 you have to ctrl+click on the little thumbnail in the layer stack and not just the layer.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Thanks. ctrl-click on the thumbnail does the trick. to complete the rings I keep creating a new layer, load the selection from the last layer, expand, fill, change fill to 0, apply the stroke layer style? just out of curiosity why the fill after the expand?

Default Map thus far

Antique Continent 2.jpg

Hi. I am posting what I have thus far to get some feedback. anyone have any idea what a good way to get a nice strong stroke around the border of each country so that the stroke where the countries meet that is not situated on a river matches the stroke for rivers ans the coast? thanks in advance.