Congrats to our three winners. Very good work. I was so uncertain of who to vote for that I actually procrastinated long enough that I missed the vote! LOL

I mean there was the gorgeous entry by Dj which basically blew out the stops.
Sap's, well, you couldn't find anything wrong with that and it made me want to play some post-apocalyptic rpg.
IG's also was spot on and looked cut from the same mold as the original. Nicely done.
Immolate's was a superb entry and fit perfectly into the map it was set for. The most perfect imo.
Plum's was a fantastic layout and the way he displayed it enhanced it even more. As far as buildings go I think you showed the right way to do it. I plan on stealing as much of that as I can.
Tear's entry was practically a perfect example and gorgeously colored in a way that indicated what was going in within the land. What's not to love on his entry?
Xyll's I thought was another excellent example of how to create a zoom in of an area and he actually had the 3 layers down which, while encouraged in the rules, most of us seemed to have missed. Congrats on going the extra mile and getting that right. To me your vid showed the full 3 levels better than anyone's.
Zar P's was another strong entry and definitely a worthy contender which if he's like me that's all he really needs..
As for mine, well, about all I can say is that while I'm happy with it, it's still not what I saw in my minds eye. I attribute that to my lack of skills/experience with the software and know how in mapping such a setting. I had never tried to create such an alive place as a market.That said, however, I spent enough time on this that I think I should have crushed you all, muahahahaha.

In the end, I am very happy for all the winners and look forward to the next time I enter a challenge. I learned a lot and I like that fact that the challenge creates a deadline that you can practice your skills against. Anyone who in interested in doing this for a real customer should jump in on these challenges. I think it's good practice. Heck, you could end up like Torstan and sell your entries before they even get to be voted on!

Also, when there is only 1 vote per person I think there is no shame in getting 0-1 votes because all it takes is one clear dominator to suck up all the votes. Dj, you vote hog! ROFL.

Congratulations guys! I think everyone did a fantastic job and the winners are all very well deserving.

There is one thing I am wondering about regarding my own entry. I think it would be cool if when I was done creating a map like this that it could be used in a VTT setting.....can anyone tell me what I can do better for this to be true? Maybe it's Apples and Oranges but it seems like it should work for more than just something nice to look at. I know that for a VTT it's probably better to have more detailed interiors to move around in, but if you wanted to use my map in a VTT and walk down the streets, would it work and if not, why? I'd rather create 2 birds with one stone...oh wait, that's the opposite of what you try to do, hehe. I think you know what I mean though.

About the only concern I had for this contest as it progressed was that I did not want others to come along and say, "Good grief, what was this guy thinking?", whenever they saw my entry. While I didn't care if I sucked it up and embarrassed myself I did not really want to look completely without a clue. Now that I've tried it, all I can say to those of you who are hesitating, (a2area) is to give it a shot. If you find that your idea failed utterly and is so atrocious that it should not be seen even in the light of day you can always withdraw. However, if you do go through with it, you would certainly be an inspiration for others who are unsure of themselves and you will most likely find that you learn a lot doing these challenges. Besides, a2area, I've seen your work and I'm pretty sure you don't have anything to worry about.

See you all in the next round because you only loose if you quit.