this is a really wonderful work Ilanthar, I'm really excited to see the final version.
Thanks you ! I thought it would be nice to place like gargoyles the creatures whose names are given to the tropics .
And third landscape mostly done, a coastal one for a change. Now thinking about the corners & the bottom part.
### Latest WIP ###
Eldoran Rb PhyWIP frame.jpg
this is a really wonderful work Ilanthar, I'm really excited to see the final version.
This is next-level work, Ilanthar. When it all comes together it'll be beyond amazing...
Thanks ! It's gonna take some more time, for sure...By Simkin
Thanks a lot! I do hope it's gonna be fine .By Diamond
This is next-level work, Ilanthar. When it all comes together it'll be beyond amazing...
Lineart of the frame on the left side, done. Séléné on the sunset side, Helios on the sunrise, and 3 more landscapes to draw under him.
I've redone my little Mappemonde logo too.
### Latest WIP ###
Eldoran Rb PhyJelios.jpg
Eldoran Rb PhyMM.jpg
I think I'm not gonna color the frame more than that, just shading... And well, I need to think what to do with the labels, too.
Landscapes on the right side mostly done. I hope they are recognizable enough.
### Latest WIP ###
These floral flourishes on the side are just gorgeous and I love the creature sketches. I've been putting off drawing any sort of frame to my map because I'm not sure how to go about it and what kind of pattern would look good with my more.. cartoony style(?), for lack of a better word but oh man, these fit yours perfectly. Can't wait to see it finished.
Thank you very much! Sometimes, it's more a matter of "how to draw it" than "what to draw" that makes it fit the style of the map.
So, still wondering about the labels. Maybe this font and kind of labels work better for the lands? Also hesitating about placing or not the big continent labels on the main map, what do you think?
### Latest WIP ###
Eldoran Rb Phy FL.jpg
An absolutely magnificent map that I can't wait to see the finished product. I particularly like the mountain peak graphic. Great work on all of it!
K2
I like the fonts Ilanthar. For the others labels, is difficult to say if it is better or not to put them without a visual comparison.
I like that you have two different fonts for the land and the sea. I think having labels for the names of the continents would make it easier to find information on the map maybe?