Page 18 of 40 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Inhabitants of the world. Any need for illustrations?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wow, that actually does look like him.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I thought so too.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected 12rounds's Avatar

Well any resemblance to the good man is purely coincidental!
    Although I enjoyed Thompson's presence in X-Files immensely, I didn't make the connection between the illustration and the actual man until mentioned.

--------------------------------------------
    Name: Daimyo Izo Tanaka
    Race: undead (vampiristic traits)

Well since Gamerprinter in the Kaidan -thread said he'll be doing the character illustrations himself, I'm not trying to lodge Izo Tanaka into any predefined hole. Instead Tanaka could easily be not of Kaidan origin and located elsewhere. The story below can be easily transferred to pretty much anywhere in Ansium.

Daimyo Tanaka is an undead sorcerer of the dark arts. He is mostly known as the "Bringer of Misfortune" by both his peers and underlings. His presence is almost always preceded by scouting and inhumanely silent undead ravens. Because of this, most of the normal people in the nearby regions fear and respect ravens - living and the dead ones. Many stories circle around claiming Tanaka can transform to a flock of ravens at will.

Whatever the case, Daimyo Tanaka has at his disposal powerful magical spells that cause even the higher ups to think before acting. Tanaka is a vampiristic undead, but unlike the regular western vampire, Tanaka does not have to sleep during the day and his sustencance is much more likely the collective fear of living creatures than anything physical.

Tanaka is a sensible creature and extremely well equipped to spy. He has founded several entire spy networks and even controls a few groups who think they are independent. Tanaka renders his services to other nobles, but never demands anything in return. Except favors. He has collected a huge selection of boons from pretty much all the important players - including some that oppose him directly (they just didn't know who controlled the information provider behind the curtains).

### PIC ###
    Last edited by 12rounds; 10-28-2010 at 11:04 AM.

Post Awesome!

Thanks, Kimmo!

Please understand, that I mean to illustrate the major characters of the storyline, however, I see a population of 10 million "Kaidanese", so there will be many more possible NPC characters, than those I create for my major players.

There is plenty of room for characters that Kimmo can create and describe! Thanks for the effort!

GP

PS: the vampiristic Daimyo of Ravens is a great concept!
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Also here's a token for a small flock of ravens.
    And the Daimyo posing as an undead raven.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 12rounds; 03-07-2009 at 04:32 PM.

Praise Nice!

Excellent, Kimmo!

GP

PS: I'm starting to think of plots with Lord Izo on intrigues!
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

More great work 12Rounds!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

About Jaston (a small town in Withclight Strand).

Jaston is certainly one of the most relaxed and peaceful communities of The Witchlight Strand. The town is sparsely built with numerous lushious and well maintained green areas even in the heart of the town. The townfolks are proud of the home and it's geopraphy allows such building habits. Jaston has a smallish dock that lies south a couple of miles of the actual town, but it is rather small and lacks many facilities that would make Jaston an actual trade town. Also the shores of the area are hazardous and even dangerous so bigger merchant vessels would probably avoid it anyway.

Even if elves are in the minority of the town's population (comprising only a total of 15% of residents), the ruling class is mostly elven or half-elven origin. Jaston's history stretches way back and it's said that a small group of exiled Old Wood elves founded the town over a millennia ago.

At the heart of Jaston is Lady Lúthien's administrative building which she also calls "home". The building is a large complex of interconnecting halls and hallways all in the ground level. It is made of white stones and marbles and is beautifully ornamented throughout. The administrative area is circled by green parks of light vegetation and some trees. The parks are all in public use and well-maintained by the town officials.

---------------------

Name: Lúthien Anfala
    Race: Elf

Lúthien is the current ruler of Jaston. She has been just that for the better part of a century. Under her command Jaston has gained an image of an idyllic paradise of peace and tranquility. At the same time Lúthien has surrounded herself with a hundred loyal followers mostly of elves of her original clan or somehow related otherwise. Everything that needs a decision in the town, goes thru Lúthien's minions.

She is proud of Jaston and her accomplishment in bringing such a small town such an enormous sparkle of vitality and peacefullness. Noone is quite certain how she managed to fund it all since the good people of Jaston are not over-taxated and certainly they are not just looting the money out of someone else. It remains a mystery to this day since Lúthien is personally in charge of the town's funds and does not have to report to anyone about spendages and such mundane issues.

But even if the town is outwardly in a condition fit for high kings, all is not well. Jaston houses several cells of extremist opposition to the iron rule of Lúthien and her minions. Many people who have been chased out of town tell a similar story - they have refused to take part in the town's free-for-all health care programs designed by the town officials to further improve townsfolks' health. The health care programs are mandatory and refusing is grounds for severe punishment. Mostly the programs consist of healing rituals, ingestion of healing herbs, potions and such. But the opposition says that the townsfolk are abnormally cheerful and pleasant and that they are forcefully kept "happy" so as to not object anything the rulers say or do.

Whatever the case is, Jaston is a beautiful, quiet and peacefull town with happy people living in it.

### PIC ###
    Last edited by 12rounds; 10-28-2010 at 10:56 AM.

Post The Stepford Elves?

Another great piece, Kimmo!

I wonder, it sounds to me like the "Stepford Elves"... LOL

GP
    DrivethruRPG store

Page 18 of 40 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast