Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Germania -- Europa Magica (training map)

I'm glad you got back to work on this, I hadn't seen it! I love the coloring and the mountains. It just feels great.

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Thank you, both of you. Given I'm booked out at the moment any progress on this piece will be... glacial, I'm afraid.

This is coming along very nicely Wired. I agree that the line-work is very nice.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Novice

The work with the mountains and woods is lovely. Really stunning coastlines too. Nice and crinkly and naturalistic looking. One thing that really strikes me (also) is the colour of the ocean in the second version. Really beautiful shading and colour choices there. I'd happily just look at the oceans for a few minutes if this were a large printed piece.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Johnstone View Post
    The work with the mountains and woods is lovely. Really stunning coastlines too. Nice and crinkly and naturalistic looking. One thing that really strikes me (also) is the colour of the ocean in the second version. Really beautiful shading and colour choices there. I'd happily just look at the oceans for a few minutes if this were a large printed piece.

Chris
    Thank you. The oceans were created by applying several parchment textures and blue color, then I played around with layer styles and color adjustments.

I agree with the others on the excellency of your linework! I especially like the forests u did. They really fit well with the mountains/foothills. I'm curious how (if?) you'll colour the map...if you have the time for it .

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Lafia View Post
    I agree with the others on the excellency of your linework! I especially like the forests u did. They really fit well with the mountains/foothills. I'm curious how (if?) you'll colour the map...if you have the time for it .
    I'm curious about that myself, given that I have next to no experience in coloring maps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12