Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The O'ghi Islands

Definitely some improvements! Especially the oceans, I actually rather like the style. Maybe not super "realistic", but that doesn't seem to be what you're going for anyway. I was going to comment in previous versions that the vignetting effect was pretty strong, so I'm glad to see you did away with that.

One comment is that the transitions between different regions- such as between mountains and forests- is sort of abrupt and jarring. Maybe it would be better to have at least a small gradient transition between them? That way it might look a little more natural.

Great progress!

Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected

I had always planned to add a slight defused. I did it on this version but it is a pain now to make changes. Might have to remove it

This time, I redid the Old Growth, added some blue to the coloring of that forest and darken the coloring of all the forests. I think it goes better with the new darker oceans.

Once again, thanks for the input.

Oghiweb.gif

Worked on it some more tonight. Added another swamp by the Wretched Village. Swamps are always good for adventuring and it seemed a good spot for one.

I removed the blur on the colors just because they make editing the map a task. They will be put back on when the map is final.

I increase the colors overall. I think this works better with the darker seas.

This map might be getting close to being final. Still wondering about the sea and the coastline. Was playing with some different coastlines yesterday and kept coming back to this one.

Oghiweb.gif

A little more work on the map.

Did some fixes on the pixel level with coloring.
    Added some trails.
    Added another village on the map.

I would like to move one of the island but not sure how to do so without creating a huge mess. Would have to redo several levels of coastal effects and one of them I don't remember how I did it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JCW; 10-16-2016 at 03:31 AM.

Figured out how to move things around. I lost a layer doing it so the entire map is shaded slightly different as I had to remake the layer. I am going to redo this map in a few days, chaning its sizing. Right now it is a standard page size and I am going to make it a small poster 11x17. I want to increase the size of the cattlelands. I will uses what I learned to day copy it over and resize it. I expect I will have to redo a lot of moutains and forest.

I removed the coastlines and added a slight effect instead.

OghiCurrent4.gif
    Last edited by JCW; 10-16-2016 at 05:25 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12