Thread: Griffin's Peak, an abandoned shack in the middle of a forest

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Member Facebook Connected

Map Griffin's Peak, an abandoned shack in the middle of a forest

I'm new to this site, was turned onto it just yesterday, and I want to jump in feet first with a recently finished map. This is Griffin's Peak. It's the first of 20ish maps that I'm starting to get together for an adventure that I'm writing. I've got most everything written up at this point so I'm currently focusing on the art now. I posted to reddit and Facebook when I was finished and was told to check this site out. I'm really hoping to start using this site more to get better aware with techniques out there and connect with a like minded community.

As for this map, it started as a hand drawn sketch that was refined and uploaded into photoshop. I used my wacom tablet to draw all the line work from there and do the colors. There were some slight tweaks made, initially the well outside the shack was twice the size and felt out of place compared to the sizes of everything else. After that the compass, border and typography was placed in illustrator.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by David Fink Barrentine; 07-22-2018 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Expand on mapmaking process.