This is great I would like to blow this up to 24x36 and use it as a continent in my new D&D campaign. What is the proper etiquette for making such a request?
Really nice! I like the chalk highlights and the unreadable annotations alot!! the only things that are missing (in my opinion) are some stains to give it more authenticity
Deviantart: http://tomdigitalgraphics.deviantart.com/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/tommaso_di_giovanni/
This is great I would like to blow this up to 24x36 and use it as a continent in my new D&D campaign. What is the proper etiquette for making such a request?
J.Edward, I love the understated elegance of this map! I especially like the contrast between the map, and the annotations within it, in that bold red. This turned out great!
Like a thief in the night
she comes with no form
yet tranquility proceeds
the accursed storm...
check out my new Deviant Art page!
https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm
Seems I have fallen behind again.
Sorry about that. It's that darn challenge map - taking all my time :O
Thanks Abu This is a fun style to work in, and it was fun to get back to some pencil sketching.
Thanks Warlin Go for it. I love using the hatch lines for mountains. It's just fin to draw.
Thanks Salama
Thanks ChickPea haha, yeah, i sort thought people would think 'bloody map'.... hey, maybe it is some adventurers blood.
The hand writing took many years to get to that state. Used to just be chicken scratch hehe
Thanks Carnifex. Look forward to seeing that new style.
Thanks Ilanthar
Thanks Tom Yep - I am doing another map in this style and I made sure to add some holes and stains in it.
Hey Paul - I can't really stop you from printing up a map for your campaign. I am sometimes wary of giving someone the right/permission to 'print' one of my maps, as that could be misconstrued as a right to 'print' my map for other purposes. But if you are just printing it for your campaign, go for it. Only caveat - pop back by here and let me know how the campaign went.
I always enjoy hearing how games have gone when one of my maps is used.
Thank you ladiestorm
Artstation - | - Buy Me a Kofi
Thanks so much! I absolutely will. I'm going to use the blank one so that I can populate it with my cities and towns. Also, just out of curiosity, if asking for permission on here is not a proper course of action, how does it usually work?
These weird scribbles are lovely! If they're just random nonsense instead of an actual conscript, I might just make one outta them! If that's okay by you of course.
Also, and more on topic: I love what you did to this map. It does indeed look used and worn, but not at all illegible or torn to pieces. A nice map to back up a story for sure! And a gorgeous piece of art in itself.
Check out my portfolio!
That's a really cool mountain style. It's familiar, yet unique!
Every time I see a new mountain outta you, J, I feel like I have to try and mimic it.
Latest complete maps: East Wickham | Oghura | The Cathedral Galaxy | Jezero
hand-drawn maps album | digital maps album | web site | blog
This map totally succeeds. Simple, but evocative. Looking at it is a pleasure. I can't make any suggestions, as it just works.