Thread: Eldoran World Map (WIP, taking advice)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip Eldoran World Map (WIP, taking advice)

Edit: Disregard the world's name. It will be changed since it's an already taken name, my bad .

Hey guys, how you all doing?

So recently I've been hit with a bout of inspiration and I wanna make a world map, but I want to go all in this time. I did some heavy research, looking at couple of artists, watching some videos and even researching about geography and geology. I even planned out tectonic plates when making this sketch.

The result below is the first sketch and I was wondering what you guys think. This world is gonna be a Golarion/Forgotten Realms kind of world, with magic and monsters and a bunch of different races and stuff, but I wanted the landmasses to be somewhat logica here. I have a general idea of where biomes and mountain ranges will go, and they all informed by the tectonic plates and their proximity to the equator. There are a few other things to consider of course, like wind and rain, but I'll figure that out after I get the landmasses right.

Anyway I'm looking for any kind of feedback that will make this thing more believable and aesthetically pleasing. Thanks in advance.

Eldoran.jpg
    Last edited by Daia Maps; 08-16-2024 at 12:45 PM.