Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Two Years at Guild

Happy Anniversary snodsy! Two years down, many more to go...
    SnodsyAnniversary.jpg
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Thanks for such a wonderful comment snodsy. You've always been a great inspiration on the guild and even in the past few months when I've been a member, your work has come on in leaps and bounds.

Well done snodsy and thanks for all your help with mapping too!

Congratulations and thank you for the comment! Like others said, I would have never thought that map to be one of yours! You have come such a long way, and have developed such a wonderful and unique style (not joking there, I can recognize your maps in a glimpse, and I'm sure I'm not the only one!) It's wonderful to have you here and I hope to see many more of your maps!

-Dan

Guild Apprentice Cartography Dragon's Avatar

As an amateur cartographer new to digital art, and fairly new to cartography in general, I must say that this thread is very inspiring. It gives me hope that I can become good at digital cartography.

Congratulations on your 2nd Guildday!

Thanks guys for all the comments! Cartography Dragon - glad you found this inspiring, this are great resources here to learn, the tutorials are really diverse with many styles and techniques, make sure you take a look at those. Also do some WIP (work in progress) maps and see what others say about your maps, that's been the most helpful to me. Good luck and look forward to see you progress!!

Great post snodsy!! Thank you for the comment!!

I'll add my voice to the praise of this thread. I would love to see a comparison of first attempts to now maps. I know I have a story because my first attempts using Gimp/Photoshop where a hot mess.

The Cartographer's guild has been the best website I've joined and has so many great tutorials and helpful advice prepared just for the love of the craft. I love this place!

I know I haven't been around nearly enough the last 2 to 3 years because my circumstances changed and well, I've been assimilated by the man if I'm honest. Combined with my biggest commission to date being put on the hanger and my stunted proliferation well, it's like I'm barely here. I can't wait to share the current map I've been working on but it's taking me longer than it should due to time and energy issues.

Anyway, I still have aspirations to get back in here like I used to be because it is an absolutely wonderful website. Unfortunately I'm missing way too much of it these days but I'm working on it.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12