Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Edits to my map

I got a little carried away and tried to do something new. I'm not sure how well this will work for what you want:

Melic-final.jpg

melic-perspective.jpg

The crater took a bit of work and still looks a bit iffy. The process I used for this doesn't work well with enclosed areas. I also didn't have a good representation for the ice/tundra parts. The northern land areas are sourced from actual tundra in northern Canada, the desert is mostly Sahara, and the mid-latitudes are mostly Siberia. The "Tropical" continent is derived from the Congo in Africa.

I didn't try to compensate for any projection in the original data. The mountains are a bit too large, which is why the perspective view looks much more like a coule of islands than something continental scale.

A basic blue and tan:

Melic-tanblue.jpg
    Last edited by waldronate; 03-16-2016 at 09:51 AM.

Those look really really good. I am entirely amazed at what you guys can do just amazing. The only thing I would like different would be the tundra area . I looked through your gallery and really like this maps frozen/snow area.
    a2.jpg

Is the tundra area supposed to be all land or mostly over water with just some areas on land? I ask because there's not much that I can do about the parts over the ocean.

It would be 90% land and than a ice shelf toward the edge over the water

I had guessed that the tundra area was mostly ice because it was drawn in blue. Ah well. How's this?

Melic-final3.jpg

That is perfect on the tundra. Only other thing can we make the sundered island like a grey brown? If not able that is fine.

Something like this?

Melic-final4.jpg

You are a master of your craft. That is perfect

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12