Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: December 2015 Annual Challenge: Chashio's 2015 A.C. Map

Quote Originally Posted by Deadshade View Post
    You have an excellent color choice and I am not saying it for the first time.
    Your Bird's Eye View in the january challenge that I still remember was mindblowing - for me far above any competition. Pity that you couldn't finish it - any idea to come back to that ? It has potential to become one of the best maps on these boards.
    Good luck, I am sure that I will learn a thing or 2 from you
    Well... Thanks! And yes, I have the January map on my list of things to finish sooner than later... I've been busy.
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Okay, this is somewhat ridiculous. I have a stack of thumbnail sketches 1/2 an inch thick for ideas, but no decision made. How does one decide!

Well, put up some thumbs.
    Maybe we can offer some opinions or other help.
    Really, I just want to see what you're working on.

I agree put some images up, I too want to see what you have, you know for stratagy Jk, but I undertand I'm having trouble friguring out how I want the final map to look too. Good luck.

Haha Well, I already know the style I want to work in. It's more a question of end-use I'm having trouble deciding on, as I would like to make it useful but I'm not sure what would be the most useful. Don't know if it's really something that I can get outside help with, for the actual choosing, but I am curious... How do people use big maps? For instance, in gaming, what are useful subjects and scales that are also something that you would like to have poster-size on a wall? Does anyone have a large map of a fictional setting on their wall as decoration or for inspiration?

I can't speak much for gaming, as sadly I have not gamed in years. But what I use large maps for is in regards to story creation. Admittedly I am the one creating the map so that may complicate things. I use large maps like that to get a better more cohesive understanding of place. With a large map you can really see how things are related, connected, distance and proximity. Large maps allow so much more detail. As I reread that it doesn't really offer much. But that how I use them.

Perhaps some one else will pop in and offer something more useful on how they use large maps.

Hey Chashio. Any progress? Curious.... want to see more.

Hey J! No. No progress. I'm finishing up a commission piece and then all of my focus is going to be on painting and preparing for an exhibit in August. I likely won't have any updates for this until closer to September.

Oh darn. Well, I understand that though. Got a lot going myself.
    Good luck with the exhibit.

Thank you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast