Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: July 2016 Challenge: The Lands of the Line

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Started putting down some labels, and of course, any excuse to use Abu's awesome Customizable Banners!

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Images Attached Images

More stuff done. Mostly names. I may tone down the color of the cities - they might be too silvery.

### Latest WIP ###

That is looking nice D. i don't think it's too silvery.
    I like the shininess.

Some stuff really looks pixellated - I had to majorly reduce the file size, but on the final iteration I'll try to merge a bunch of layers and see if I can squeak out a higher rez.

This is really gorgeous. Love the illustrations, the overall design, and especially the colours! The blue/aqua and light beige/brown look fantastic together.

Only thing I'd suggest is maybe re-position YMMAT to the side, in the lower left corner of the banner (instead of over the top), like you did for The League of Nine.

Love it, it all blends together so well!!

I may not keep the banners, but if I do, I'll make sure they're not behind the text - you're right Neyjour, it doesn't look right as is.

Thanks Bogie!

Great to see you joining the challenge too Diamond! The background story is very intriguing and the overall concept really, realy cool. The illustrations are underlining the high-fantasy aspect so nicely. I like the filter-effect you applied to make them look similar (in gimp it's called "cartoonize" iirc). The "path of the line" adds a nice touch to your wonderfully crafted (as usual) arrangement of landshape and labelling. One nitpick would be the title's color. The warm gold somewhat clashes with the blueish-turquoise elements of the border in my view. Also, whether you'll keep them or not, i'm once again happy to see those banners on one of your maps . Keep up the great work!
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

Wow, this is fantastic Diamond! I love the deep blue along the more arid brown of the lands. And the border & illustrations are the cherry on the cake!

I think all of the labeling is done. I was going to do more, include more cities, etc etc, but I felt like it was starting to overcrowd things. Another thing - borders or no borders? I'm leaning towards no, mainly because I'm going to put some roads in, and doing borders too might again overcrowd things. Thoughts?

### Latest WIP ###

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast