Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boredom strikes back !

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Caenwyr's Avatar

This is just awesome. Great job, Thomrey! Can't wait to see what you're gonna do with the mountains!
    Caenwyr Cartography

Check out my portfolio!

Nice work Thomray. You have find your own style and keep practice it. It's a pleasure to see it develop.

Well, is it bad if, from now, I secretly hope you'll get often bored ?! I love it, excellent map. Have you tried a paler green that matched your soft blue? I mean, I love the second version you posted, but the it did lack a green for forests.

Thanks Ilanthar ! I was aiming for a paler shade of green but I also wanted some punchy colors (wanted some red but couldn't find where to put it) so I used a bright green. Here's a paler version (I just decreased the opacity of the layer set at multiply).
    Concerning boredom ... don't worry, when it comes to official occasions (je parle bien évidement des conseils de classe), the Education Nationale can provide. Strangely, doodling those landscape help me concentrate and I can talk more clearly about the pupils work (headmaster's explanation).

vert pâle.jpg

Let me know which one you think works best or if I need to go with a paler hue.

Fantastic work with this. I love the coloured version.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Missed the colour version till now. The colours works very well with this, a great map indeed..

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

I do prefer the last colored version... But it's only a matter of personnal taste, truly. And well, yeah, I know how about boredom with EN (mes parents étaient profs et je travaille souvent avec les écoles, donc...).

Thanks everyone ! There will be a last version with shadows but it might have to wait since I've got a challenge entry that needs work (and let's not speak about my two pending WIPs ...).

Your feedbacks are very important and real motivators, thanks again !
    Last edited by ThomasR; 06-17-2016 at 01:28 PM.

Nice. If I may, I find the first map, the black-and-white, more... appealing to my "Retro" sense.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12