Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: June 2016 Challenge: <<Havasupai Falls >>

The perspective of the lower area across from the cave is a little weird, I'll fix that.
    It looks fine to me.

About the insert, why not try move the title - say on the right bank - and place the insert in its place? Looking forward to the allien thing .

### Latest WIP ###
    Ok, this is basically done, there are some not so obvious petroglyphs hidden somewhere in the map. Eliminated the regional map, didn't like it competing with the map. Comments welcome.

HavasupaFalls4.jpg

This is fantastic! The water looks like you can see straight down to the bottom, it's awesome! And the falls and rapid type thing look great.

Where are the glyphs??

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

I agree with Josiah, the way you did the waters is subtle and quite magic. I really like your shading too, very important for this kind of map where terrain is the major feature!

I like it a lot snodsy. It looks sparse though, text-wise.
    I'm not sure if there are any other things that could be labeled but it feels like it needs something more...
    Maybe numbers to denote the 3 falls locations, dotted lines to mark trails maybe? idk...
    is there no other name data you could add? It doesn't detract from the image you did, just seems like a lot of map and little info is all.

It's wonderful ! The colors alone are magnificent. A really immersive map ! Rep-worthy !

Thanks Thomrey for the rep, appreciate it. Thanks Ilanthar and Josiah for the compliments. JE, thanks for the advice I'll look into it. maybe the pathways out. I still have an overview map I did, just didn't like it yet. I guess some work to do before it's complete this friday. Thanks again for the comments, it helps alot.

### Latest WIP ###HavasupaFalls5.jpg
    Here are some additional labels, glad I did it, learned more about the area. Probably done for the Friday deadline. Thanks for comments along the way, learned of a beautiful place I want to go!

I think that looks much mappier now
    I've had to do that with Real world maps too.

Even better with those additionnal labels & trails! Great job!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast